1) Drag a <Move Steering Block> onto the programming chain. Notice that the number of wheel rotations is set to 1. Download your program by pressing play.
2) How far did the robot travel? Measure with a meter stick.
Hint: You can use the wheel holder to line up your robot.
3) On the meter stick, mark how far the robot travels with 1 rotation.
Hint: Use tape and a pencil for marking.
4) Now, program the robot to move forward 2 wheel rotations.
How far did your robot travel?
5) Estimate (guess) how far will the robot move with 4 wheel rotations?
Program your robot to move 4 rotations and measure how far it goes
6) Challenge Question:
The kids in the photo estimated that the robot travels 72 cm with 3 rotations.
They put some tape on the floor.
Is their estimate correct? Will the robot travel 72 cm?
Program your robot to move 3 rotations and measure how far it goes.
© 2020 Dr. Krista Francis & Stefan Rothschuh